Statistics Graduate Student Association
The Statistics Graduate Student Association, (otherwise known as SGSA), is an organization that provides the best possible environment to encourage the interaction between students and faculty by bestowing forums for students to connect with faculty as they discuss their current research, encouraging participation in academic events outside of the traditional classroom setting, and by giving back to the community that supports all of us in the A&M family.
Purposes of Statistics Graduate Student Association (SGSA) at the Texas A&M University is to:
- Facilitate interaction between graduate students and faculty members.
- Provide a forum in which students can learn about ongoing faculty research and present their own research.
- Encourage participation in academic events outside of the traditional classroom setting.
- Give back to the community through donating time to local charities.
Our Faculty advisers are Dr. Valen E. Johnson and Dr. Jianhua Huang.
2020 - 2021 SGSA Officers:
- PRESIDENT - Pallavi Ray (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- VICE PRESIDENT - Indrajit Ghosh (email@example.com)
- TREASURER - Elizabeth Christine Thompson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- DEPARTMENT DELEGATE - Asmita Roy (email@example.com)
- DEPARTMENT DELEGATE - Will Boyles (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- SECRETARY/SOCIAL CHAIR - Ananya Roy Chowdhury (email@example.com)
- IT OFFICER/WEBMASTER - Christopher Han (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- STATCAFE ORGANIZER - Rachael Shudde (email@example.com)